Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Blogger Book Tag

I myself also volunteered to be tagged in Blogger Book Tag by DJ Librarian. I've always been curious to know more about my fellow book bloggers and I'd hope they would want to know more about me as well. So what a great idea to play tag! Now I'm IT! *wicked grin*

Questions That DJ Librarian Asked:

  1. What genre do you find yourself reading most? The least?
    I definitely tend toward the DARK side of the PNR Genre as it fits most with my blog and what I like best. I also read horror and UF/Sci-Fi. The least I would go with is your typical Romance... I know that's vague, but its true. I don't like a plain jane love story. I need some element of surprise and suspense or some conflict to keep me interested in a good book.
  2. Where do you love to read the most?
    I like tro be "curled" up across a comfy chair. I have my back against the side panels of the back and my legs thrown over the opposite arm, occasionally one is down on the floor to softly rock the chair. *smiles*
  3. What book could you read over and over without getting tired of it?
    The ONE Book I do know I can come back to over and over without tiring is Anne Rice's Blackwood Farm Something about Quinn and his story is just so enthralling to me! IF you like Anne Rice but haven't read this one of her Vampire Chronicles you would want to give it a try.
  4. What are your thoughts on graphic novels? Love 'em, don't love 'em?
    I happen to like graphic novels, but my taste is purely dependent on the artistic style it was done in.
  5. If you could see any book turned into a film (directly from page to "stage") which book would it be?
    OH! Very interesting question! I have am Easy answer for this one. Laura Kaye's Forever Freed. I loved the book and while reading it I was purely visualizing the whole thing in my head. *swoons over Lucien*
  6. What do you love most about blogging? (I know, Jennifer asked that, but I'd like to know, too!)
    OMG... my answer to this USE to be sharing my thoughts on book and hoping people would stumble across the blog and be intrigued to read the books, but since I found out about the HUGE Book Blogging community out there I have to say I love all the other bloggers I've met and become friends with in the short time since I started the blog last summer.
  7. Who helped encourage you to become the amazing reader you are today?
    I can directly attribute two authors. First and foremost was Stephanie Myers wit the Twilight Saga. My intrigue with Vampires and reading truly started there. It was after the twilight saga when I found out about FanFic and stumbled across a LauraCullen and her stories. (See my interview with Laura Kaye for more on this) It was during this time Laura began writing her own stories and her first PNR was born. I was immediately hooked! And I haven't looked back since.
  8. Has a book (non-cookbook) ever inspired you to bake or cook something?
    Yes, but I haven't tried it yet. I discovered that Jennifer Estep has some of the recipes that Gin used personally up on her website, so I'm seriously thinking of trying a few one of these days.
  9. If you could go anywhere, whether real or fictional, where would you go?
    Tough question. First place that come to mind is Ashland from Jennifer Steps Elemental Assassin series. It sounds so intriguing to see what a place like that would be like. After that would be up in either Scotland or Ireland where several other PNRs I've read have been set.
  10. Say you are the heroine of a fantasy/adventure novel. What animal would you love/want to have as a companion?
    Do Dragons count as an animal? IF they do I'd love to have one as my companion. If not then I'd have to go with a Lynx. I love those huge paws and their lean muscular strength. *blames Jodi Redford* LOL

Rules:

  1. You must post the rules.
  2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create ten new questions to ask the people that you have tagged.
  3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
  4. Let them know you’ve tagged them.

Now for my Questions to my next group of "victims" and friends. *winks*

  1. Name your top authors who you always buy or pre-order the upcoming releases from.
  2. What is your favorite Paranormal creature to read about and why?
  3. Who or What got you into book blogging?
  4. Most treasured book or book related possession?
  5. If you could be a shifter what would your other form be and why?
  6. Name your biggest book pet peeve.
  7. If you could swap places with a book heroine (and NO I do NOT mean your Book Boyfriends girl!!) who wold it be and why that heroine?
  8. If your real life romance was a book what would you call it and what would the synopsis say?
  9. If you had a secret hideaway so you could disappear and read all day, where would this secret place be hidden and what would it look like?
  10. Lastly, how has the book blogging community shaped how you read and review books?

and lastly...I am supposed to tag 11 of you crazy tweeps to keep the questions going
In no particular order:
Angela @ UTCbook Blog
Kendra @ Edyns Trybe
Jen @ Red Hot Books
Alison @ Alison Can Read
Shari @ Delighted Reader
Elena @ Sam, E and R's Awesomness!
Nikki @ Encounters with the Night Kind
Kelly Rubidoux
Jess @ Between the Sheets
And anyone else who is interested please leave a comment so I can add you to this list.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment